every day is a weekend

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

[Food Review] Barrio Fiesta--Authentic Filipino Cuisine

It has been months since the last time I saw my college friends. I sort of miss them in a way (so cheesy) and at the same time I was really bored that time that I really need to be productive so I called their attention and set a meet-up slash mini reunion somewhere in Cubao.

I seriously want to try to eat at the banchetto in Cubao wherein there are food stalls near Araneta Center and there are also performers. Ayt? It sounds so pang-Malate but it's not the main reason why we want to eat there. And so I was the latest to arrive that night and it's quite pouring so we ended up eating at Barrio Fiesta in AliMall.

Barrio Fiesta really provides its customers with the authentic taste of true Filipino cuisine. After a few research why it was named Barrio Fiesta, I found out that it was named Barrio Fiesta because for a whole generation of Filipinos, it was a place for festivities, celebrations and it's also a place of gatheerings of families and friends. That place was just perfect for our meet-up slash mini-reunion.

We ordered the food package good for 4-8 people. There are 7 guys and only 1 girl that's why the food package was more like short for us (I didn't eat a lot, still on a diet!). The food includes the following..

Patatim
I like it but not that much. Aside from its being fatty, there is an aftertaste that I hate. The taste of menthol is quite disturbing.
Beef Kaldereta
The beef is tender and the sauce tastes really good. This is should have been served bigger than the patatim.
DT-approved!
 
Chicken & Bangus Sisig
Oh good Lord! Thank you for this dish! This is one of the most delicious sisig I have ever tasted. This is so tasty, yummy lahat na! :) Must-try!
Buttered Chicken
Hmmm.. Sakto lang. Nothing special with the chicken except for its crispiness. Crispy that you will hear it crack from your mouth.
Sinigang na Bangus
I am not really a fan of fish sinigang. I don't like fishes wet. Call me weird but I hate it swimming in the sabaw. I'd rather have it fried but this sinigang is delicious though (tried the sabaw).
Turon
Of course the turon, or sosyal people will call it caramelized banana. WTF! Yummy!

The food package we availed only costs Php1,800 (if my memory serves me right). Over-all the food experience was OK. Have nothing much to comment negative about Barrio Fiesta because they have proven that they are capable of providing Filipinos a unique dining experience with authentic Pinoy delicacies.



No comments:

Post a Comment