every day is a weekend

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Marikina City's Chevy Burger: Little Place. Big Taste.

Marikina City, a lush valley bounded by mountain ranges and separated by a river, is touted as the Shoe Capital of the Philippines. The title "Shoe Capital of the PH" was given to the city because of the huge number of footwear being produced and sold by the city in the past years. In fact, Marikina proved that they are the shoe capital when the city showed the public in their First Sapatero Festival the "World's Largest Pair of Shoes" and this has been recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Who would have known that this city will also be recognized in the food industry? There are lots of restos booming at the corners of the city and some of them were already featured in famous TV programs such as "Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho" and Kris TV.

In my search for a good burger, I immediately went to Boyong's Burger in Calumpang, Marikina however the store was already closed. I was told that their business hours is until 10PM only. That was 10:30ish in the evening!! Not so far from Boyong's, I saw Chevy Burger. I wasn't sure if their burgers taste good or meh.

The place.

The place is really small.

History board

Slot machines in the counter

Ok. So for the place, I would rate it 5 out of 10. The place is so small that I can hardly breathe! I am afraid of closed area. But as per my interview to the owner of the food store, they have just re-started their business after its closure way back 90's. Forgiven, but I wish you'll expand the place and make it more cozy.

Selfie board

While waiting for my order, I found this on the corner. "i love, crave, like #chevyburger" Cool! I took a selfie and took more. Ha!

The Menu. Food.

Burger. Pasta. Winner!!!

Guilty as charged but yeeehesss, I love their menu. I just love pasta, burger and fries. Sinful food for people on diet. However that night, I didn't order pasta because I am craving for a delicious, juicy and sinful burger. I ordered Chick & Burger & Messy Melt & Supah Fries!

Chick & Burger -- P60

The patty is made of beef and is really juicy but not that tender. The chicken spread is the winner! I love their chicken spread that I want to order a bottle of it! The bun is not that soft but is tolerable. Basta winner si chicken spread! :)

Messy Melt -- P75

Sinful! Patty plus bacon? Come on!? This is also a must-try from Chevy Burger. The incorporation of the beef patty, bacon, cheese and mushroom makes it more bongga!! I feel like I am eating in a sosyal gourmet burger resto. The patty is so tender this time. But then again, the bun is not that soft.

Supah Fries -- P30

Just normal however if you will buy from Chevy Burger, you'll get 3x more fries than the fries from McDonald's.

Chevy Burger is located at 116-i JP Rizal Street Calumpang, Marikina City

Verdict.

Chevy Burger is a store to watch out for this year. Delicious burgers! Accommodating crew and owner! The next time I will eat here, I will make sure that I'll order their pasta and their other sandwiches. But I can't finish it all, so please come with me. Let's have a colab. LoL!

Rating.

8.5 out of 10!

#DokTourEats
#DokTourTravels

DokTour-approved!

Cheers!~

No comments:

Post a Comment