every day is a weekend

Post Top Ad

Monday, June 9, 2014

Polecats Manila presents STELLAR GOES POP

Polecats Manila was formed in 2009 and is now touted as the premier pole dancing school in the Philippines. Located at the heart of Ortigas, their dancing studio boasts of professional grade equipment to fully accommodate dancers with the highest standards for safety and quality.

Last June 7, I was invited by Hannah Villasis to a pole recital in AFP Theatre inside the Camp Aguinaldo in Quezon City. I am really excited about the show because that will be my first time to witness a pole recital in the flesh. Ha!

There were lots of performers ranging from the beginners to intermediate to professionals. There were also moms. I wish my mom could also do pole dancing. The show started at 7:30PM and I was seated near the stage. The program started with the Philippine National Anthem and then followed by the introduction of the host and Polecats Manila.

The show was graced by 15 performances by the recitalists plus 4 special performances by Sheng Belmonte, Aira Bermudes of Sexbomb Dancers, 360 Fitness Club and the Polecats Manila. Enjoy the photos even if some are really blurred. :p

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cindy Lauper
So chic!!

Vogue by Madonna
The performers started to go wild. Stripteasing!!



Oh!? Can you whip it? Look closer!!!

That girl whipped it! :)


The stunts are becoming more intense and more complicated. Look closer! They are now even seated on the legs of their pole buddies. It hurts not?

Wonderwoman pose!


Danced to the tune of Cartoon Heroes by Aqua.
This is one of my favorite performances that night. The girls are on their cartoon heroes costumes. They danced gracefully and they have strong arms and legs to lift their bodies up the pole. They also won the recital that evening so congratulations girls!

Spinny Pole!

Run the World- Queen Beyonce
This is one of the performances that received loud screams from the audience. Maybe because of the abs? Or the girls' outfits? I don't know. Figure it out. LoL!



Pole Tigers!
These boys danced to the tune of Step by Step by NKOTB. I find their bodies so stiff but who cares if they know how to entertain people? I really enjoyed their performance and I might say once of the performances I enjoyed the most that night.

Aerial Hoops!


Silk Performances!

Winners in STELLAR GOES POP!

360 Fitness Club
Even 360 Fitness Club graced the stage with their performance to the music of Nsync. They showed power while doing some tricks with the poles. I can even see Coach Chappy dancing from where I am seated. HaHa! Hello there!

Polecats Manila
Of course, this event will not be possible without the Polecats Manila who believed that every trick, climb and spin can become strength, grace and art.




That's how professional Polecats Manila are. What they showcased that night was amazing and really left everyone in awe. They really proved that they are the Polecats Manila who can be-friend with the pole and do anything with it with grace and passion.

All in all, the show was great. The audience was great. I really love the simplicity of the stage yet giving everyone a good show because of the talents showcased during the program. I would love to watch it again on their 5th Annual Pole Recital!!! Yay! :)

DT-Approved!!

Cheers!~

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Just wow! Three people on one pole... This looks to be real entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Now, I'm secretly putting pole dancing in my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @rainbowjournal.com -->it really is entertaining.

    @Clarissa --> got passes to pole dancing sessions. might attend next week. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that Roy Seneres, a congressman or something, wants to send actors and singers to entertain OFWs. I commented on it and said that he should send for pole dancers instead. This is a much better than the one I had in mind when I was joking about it. Lot of respect to those who sweat it out and work their behinds to perfect their craft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Pole dancing is really interesting nowadays. I even want to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have loved to have seen this show! I was invited by Polecats Manila last year to try their class for moms and I loved it. I wasn't able to continue with it though because they're studio is too far from our place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! They are incredible. I would love to see their next show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh. I also love to see their next show. It's amazing how they can do things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love to see this. Gonna enlist it on my bucketlist.

    ReplyDelete