every day is a weekend

Post Top Ad

Monday, January 26, 2015

Dok Tour Eats at Marikina City's Pan De Amerikana

Lately, restaurants are coming up with new and fresh ideas on how to attract patrons. With the increasing number of food chains in and out of the metro, restaurateurs must make sure that they will have gimmicks that will make their customers keep on coming back and of course the quality of the food will not be compromised.

Pan De Amerikana

I have been to this restaurant way back my high school days and it's just this year that I have decided to write about them. Pan De Amerikana opened last April 2003 (according to their facebook fan page) and originally started as panaderia (bakery). I have no detailed information about their restaurant though I experienced firsthand some of their dishes when I visited the place.

I have tried their pandesal before but I did not order one during my most recent visit since that was a noon. Lol! But for the record, PDA houses one of the best-tasting pandesal I have tried. You can even eat it without any spread.

Dining in

Duyan

I have never been to the other branches yet aside from the main branch of Pan De Amerikana which is located at the heart of Marikina City near SSS Village. The restaurant is quite big and can accommodate a large number of people. The place is so cozy and very laid back. It's very relaxing.

Chessboard

You can even play chess while waiting for your orders!! If this is not enough, you can play chess with PDA's big chess pieces.

Woah!

Cute display

Fancy sink decors

There is also a hanging bridge inside the Marikina Branch, so, rated SPG. Ha!


The food.
     Since the time I visited PDA was lunch time, I ordered their bestsellers for lunch. I was on my "diet" state that moment but when I tried their dishes, I almost ate even their plates. Lol! That's how delicious their dishes were.

Dinuguan - Php 55

Dinuguan at Php55 is already served with rice. Their own version of dinuguan tastes really authentic. I just love how vinegary this dinuguan tastes. Also, I liked how saucy it is and it's all meat. Really salivating!

Waknatoy - Php 70

Waknatoy is priced at Php 70 (ala carte) and is a proud Marikenyo cuisine. This dish tastes the same as menudo although it's saucier and more delicious! Yey!

Chicken Curry - Php 60

Chicken Curry is awesome. I just love its kick of spice, just perfect. Carrots and potatoes were also cooked just right.

My overall verdict for Pan De Amerikana is 8/10. Awesome place plus delicious food deserves a slow clap from Dok Tour!

What I didn't like about my stay?
     The chubby girl who happens to be the crew who served the food to me wasn't that accommodating. If only she knows how to smile to her customers then my stay would be perfect.

Still, Cheers to Pan De Amerikana!~

No comments:

Post a Comment