every day is a weekend

Post Top Ad

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Delicious Silog Meals & Bulalo by Tapsi ni Vivian

You will not be a legit Marikenyo if you do not know Tapsi ni Vivian located in P. Tuazon Avenue corner Marcos Highway. They have been in the food industry since 1984 serving the best tapsilog and Bulalo in town.

Since then, Tapsi ni Vivian is located along G. Fernando Avenue before it moved to its present location few lots further along the same road. It is now located in HDR building and mind you, it became bigger than it was before!

I visited the "new" resto since it is now under new management, I guess new generation relatives of Aling Flaviana Del Rosario or popularly known as Aling Vivian back then is managing the resto now. I was surprised that the scuttlebutts are really true! It is way bigger now and there are more crews and more variety of food to choose from. Of course, it will not be Tapsi Ni Vivian without their signature dishes Tapsilog and Bulalo.

Tapsilog at P90

Tapsilog is the pinoy term for food when tapa, garlic-fried rice (sinangag) and egg are combined into one meal. Most of the time, this meal is served during breakfast. But hey, TNV can serve you at any time of the day. The restaurant is open 24 hours!!!

Anyhoo, the tapsilog of TNV is really genuine. It would not be a problem if you are wearing dentures since the tapa is so tender and really tastes good. As for me, it would be more delicious if you'll dip it in spicy vinegar! Ha! However, garlic-fried rice doesn't taste that garlic-ky but it is not a problem with me since I am not fond of eating rice. HaHa! 

Longsilog at P105

On the other hand, Longsilog is the pinoy term when Longganisa, garlic-fried rice and egg are combined into one meal and like any other silog meals, these are mostly served during breakfast but not with TNV! Take that! At P105, you could taste a savory Longganisa well blended with the garlic-fried rice and the egg plus the vinegar! Though I find Ilocos' Longganisa more delicious!

Bulalo, for the win!!

Bulalo is a dish native to the southern region of Luzon. It is made by cooking beef shanks and bone marrows until the collagen and fats has melted into the clear broth. Thanks wikipedia! I seriously don't know how to cook one so I searched for it. HaHa! Anyhoo, Bulalo of TNV is quite a big serving. 5-7 people can munch one order of it at P320! You can even ask extra soup of it if the serving is not enough for you guys. My verdict is... PANALO (winner)! Need I say more? Try it!

I was not able to try the other dishes because I am very full that time. I will try to blog other dishes soon! :) I will rate Tapsi Ni Vivian 8.5 out of 10. It is a must-try especially their Tapsilog!

Tapsi Ni Vivian at Bulaluhan is located at 32 Gil Fernando Avenue.
For more details, you can tweet them at https://twitter.com/TapsiNiVivian.
Contact # 645 - 0125


TNV is DT-approved!
Cheers!~

No comments:

Post a Comment