every day is a weekend

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Why are Ilokano Empanadas worth drooling for?

Have you tasted a legit Ilokano Empanada? 

I was able to try one before in the city of Pines, Baguio City. I was on a trip last February and went on a side trip to Baguio city to witness the Panagbenga festival. I proceeded to session road where everyone is on "party mode" and I was on "ginaw mode". There I bought Ilokano Empanada and forgotten why I was there and what my name was. The empanada was heavenly made!

Just recently, I went to Fairview, Quezon City to try the Fariñas Ilocos Empanada. 

Fariñas Ilocos Empanada

See? Looks like I've reserved this. LoL!

Checking out their wall menu

It was a hot evening and I was really starving. Thank God, the heavens are with me. The resto that time has only few customers (I was happy, Resto Owners weren't). I ordered their ultimate Ilokos Empanada and Lomi.

The cook doing my ultimate empanada!

You can actually see the cook prepare your meal. The dough is orange in color and it will enclose the the filling. In this case, Ultimate Ilokos Empanada has grated papaya, egg, cheese and Ilokos Longganisa as filling. I should say the longganisa is the main reason why the empanada is delicious. It adds tone to the taste of the grated papaya and if you'll dip it in vinegar, bongga na!


Lomi

My empanada!!
The thin crispy wrapper is made out of rice flour, butter, water and food coloring. Empanadas sold in Farinas are deep-fried. However, I was not impressed by the Lomi I ordered though it tastes OK and for its price, it's just right. It tastes ordinary. Nothing special about it. Lomi near my place is even more delicious than this one but more pricey.

Need I say more? Ilocos Empanadas are worth drooling for because of the harmony of the ingredients and how it was cooked and prepared. Grab you Farinas Ilocos Empanada now or life is yours to miss! :)
Rating: 7.5/10
Still approved by Dok Tour! :)
Cheers!~

No comments:

Post a Comment