every day is a weekend

Post Top Ad

Friday, September 12, 2014

Fun Dining with Tambayan Sa Kanto

It's more fun in the Philippines--the battlecry of the tourism department of the Philippines. There are tons of different tourist spots, exotic animals, breathtaking adventure and above all, the food which keeps the tourists on coming back. Filipinos are really talented when it comes to cooking. They can produce a gourmet-ish dish out of a simple ingredient and take note, the taste is really exceptional.

Philippines is composed of thousands of islands making it so diverse and rich in culture. Different provinces has their own unique way of cooking a simple dish out of the ingredients available in their backyard, farm or in the market. And, I truly believe that a simple dish can be given many tastes by Filipinos because we are that creative and dynamic.

Tambayan sa Kanto logo

I was again invited by Tambayan Sa Kanto, a fine-dining restaurant catering Authentic Filipino Cuisine, for a casual food tasting event. When I visited their restaurant, it was the press launch of Fun With Philip by Philip Abadicio (now showing in GMA Channel TV 11) and it really gave me food coma that I was not able to breathe properly as I am very full (Check my first review & my ongoing giveaway HERE).

Their gourmet dishes are really delicious that will keep you eating 'til you drop. They say "love is sweeter the second time around". I say "eating is sweetest when the food you are taking in are cooked with love". That I would like to acknowledge, the owner's love for cooking. She certainly make sure that the food are of high quality when served to their patrons--meaning the food is clean, good for the eyes (and camera, Ha!), and tastes exceptional. Seriously, what to expect when you are expecting? The dishes served were all superb! One need not to go far to have a taste of authentic pinoy cuisine. Find it in TSK!

Let us have a run through of the dishes served and let us choose our 5 favorites!

Drinks

The drinks that night were overflowing. We had a lot and all of them were good especially those that are made from fresh tropical fruits. So refreshing!

Vanilla shake

Ripe Mango Fruit Shake

Chocolate Shake

Green Mango Shake

I had a sumptuous drink and mind you, all these are just priced for Php80 each. My favorite drink is the Green Mango Shake since there is the kick of sweet & sour flavor that boosts the zest of the drink.

Soup

KBL (Kadyos, Baboy, Langka)

KBL is a typical Ilonggo favorite. I tried Kansi in my previous post which for me is a bit salty (but might not be salty for you) however, KBL is perfect. I just love the way it tastes and the chunks of meat are love! Some restos don't actually put chunks of meat in their soup but not with TSK!

Salad/Ensalada

Ensaladang Filipino - P150

Ensaladang Filipino is grilled eggplant with tomatoes, onions, green mango & shrimp paste. This is also a quintessential dish in a Filipino table.

Starter

Chicharon Liempo - P280

Chicharon Liempo is marinated spiced pork belly. It was deep friend to obtain the perfect crunch everyone wants. The crisp of it is made to perfection that I almost forgot that I am munching pork belly. It really takes a good combination of knowledge in cooking plus cool cooking wares to achieve a perfect crunch.

Main Course
Crispy Tadyang ng Baka- P395

Crispy Tadyang ng Baka are selected beef ribs fried into perfection. I just love it's tapa-ish taste with the signature perfect crunch by TSK. You really won't lose appetite while eating this extraordinary dish since there are side dishes that may revitalize you. Lol!

Coconut Crusted Prawns- P270

Coconut Crusted Prawns is also delicious! I like how the coconut meat was used as the coating of the prawns and it really blended well. Also, the dish was served with TSK's homemade chutney dip which is awesome!

Roasted Garlic Chicken- P375

Roasted Garlic Chicken is undeniably garlicky yummy! Since I love munching fried garlic, this dish really made my day. For the love of garlic, my friend who is a doctor told me that munching garlic is good for one's health. And so, I bought his prescription. Lol! The roasted chicken tastes smoky which I really like and the aroma of garlic is intoxicating!

Baked Tilapia with Laing- P350

Baked Tilapia with Laing is the bomb. I actually don't eat too much Tilapia because of its "fishy taste" but Tilapia is a fish. Lol! I just don't like it's taste but when I tried this Baked Tilapia of TSK, it really gave me a new perspective in eating this fish. The fish wasn't that fishy taste and when you try eating it with the Laing, the blend is just perfect.

Crispy Bagnet- P430

Crispy Bagnet is served with Ilocano Style KBL. If you are a reader of Dok Tour since then, you will know that I am so picky when it comes to Bagnet. All Hail! TSK raised the standards of Bagnet. I just love the crunch of it and it tang is really exceptional. If I were a coach in The Voice and this dish is the singer, I will press the button and will turn for this one. Lol! 

Desserts

They say desserts are for stressed people. It will definitely lighten one's mood. As everyone in the hall that night was full, we resorted to eating desserts and we don't regret eating TSK's desserts as they are unique and very pleasant to everyone's taste buds.

Turon Halo-Halo - P150

Halo-Halo is one of the Pinoy's favorite especially in the season of summer when everyone wants to take a plunge in the water. TSK gave a new and unique look to this Pinoy favorite. Halo-Halo ingredients were placed inside the turon wrapper and it was wrapped around and then fried. It is best dipped with TSK's ice cream. Are you guys salivating? :)

Leche Flan- P150

Who doesn't like Leche Flan anyway? Everyone loves Leche Flan because the blending of the egg, milk, vanilla and macapuno made it delightfully awesome.


Dok Tour's Top 5 Favorite
1. Crispy Bagnet
2. Roasted Garlic Chicken
3. Crispy Tadyang ng Baka
4. KBL ( Kadyos, Baboy, Langka)
5. Turon Halo-Halo




All in all, #tambayansakanto is another restaurant to watch out for! Authentic Pinoy cuisine that will keep the tourists coming back in the Philippines! Have a taste of good life with Tambayan Sa Kanto, where there is more fun! #tsk #sakanto

Dok Tour-approved!
Cheers!~

No comments:

Post a Comment