every day is a weekend

Post Top Ad

Friday, September 5, 2014

Historical Kamuning Bakery in Quezon City

When I was young, my mother used to bring delicious breads from bakeries near her working area. She used to work somewhere in Quezon City where there are lots of bakeries and pastries shop. In the family, we are in love with bread. Name it, we'll love it. We grew up with breads on our tables so we can't deny how much we crave for these pieces of heaven up 'til now we are young adults. say what? :)

Kamuning Bakery

Recently, I together with online media friends, visited the historical Kamuning Bakery along Judge Jimenez street. I am actually wondering why do people call it historical because when we got there it was just a typical bakery with typical scent of a pastry shop, which I really really love.

The questions in my head were answered when the new owner of the bakery Wilson Lee Flores, respected journalist and businessman, discussed why it was historical. Well, it's quite long but to cut it short, the bakery was once owned by a family and was sold to Mr. Flores with conditions that he wouldn't change anything that may displease the old owner of the bakeshop. To add, this bakery is also popular to celebrities and even known politicians especially Former Presidents Quezon and Cory Aquino.

While we were eating and doing food tasting, I can see people coming in and buying bulks of bread from time to time. From there, I can say that Kamuning Bakery is really doing good when it comes to sales and all. This is because of their yummy products which I really like!

Pandesal (Pork & Beans)

I got to try their Pandesal, which Filipinos really love even Pinoys abroad. I didn't know that pandesal would go well with pork & beans. That was my first time to try that one and it was awesome. I would recommend this. Ha!
Pan De Suelo

I can hear people say that QC Christmas celebration will not be complete without Kamuning Bakery's Pan De Suelo. There is also a story behind this bread. I would suggest you visit their bakery and ask what is the history of this bread. Interesting! For this, the bread is not that soft outside but super soft inside. The bread melts in the mouth. It's so tasty that it can stand alone without any spread. Great job KB!

Cheesecake - P55

This one I bought for P55 and it tastes really good. I love the cheesy taste without the saltiness. I feel like I am eating a slice of worth-more-than-a-hundred-peso cake. This a must-try in KB!

If you are curious about why Kamuning Bakery is historical, you may drop by their store located near Tomas Morato along Judge Jimenez street. 

Dok Tour-approved!
Cheers!~

No comments:

Post a Comment