every day is a weekend

Post Top Ad

Friday, October 3, 2014

Discover the beauty of Manila with #WalkWithChan

Walking has been a part of our daily lives and will always be. It is not every time that you will ride your car just to go a nearby place or wherever. And also by walking, you get to see a whole lot of life. Recently, my friend Rence invited me and let me discovered the wonders of Manila by means of walking. By the way, Rence or Lawrence Chan, is a member of  Filipinas Stamp Collector's Club which aims to conserve the historical sites of Manila and raise awareness to the people about the danger of over industrialization of the city. So, keep on reading and tour Manila with me.

Sta. Cruz Church

Yes, I have been hiding under the rocks to not be able to visit this beautiful church. That was my first time to set foot on the church and tell you what, the interior is great. More than what meets the eye, the inviolability of the place is really there. I was also amazed by the preservation of some of the area/parts of the church as it was built a long long time ago.

On the way to Escolta

I am really not familiar with the place as this again was the first time I have been here. The sun is really striking that noon and every photos captured flabbergasts me. I never saw Escolta before as I was born in the 90's. I have no idea on how it looked like circa 60-80's but as Rence tell stories about Escolta during its "glory days", it made me more interested about the place.

It was the Makati/BGC before of the Philippines, yes a business district. If your business' location is in Escolta, it only means your business is big. growing and is worth a big price. I also learned that people really go here in full formal attire. Interesting, isn't it?

First United Building

We were allowed to enter the First United Building. If you are familiar with this building, this is where the first studio of the Superstar Nora "Ate Guy" Aunor and the King of Comedy Dolphy's production studio is located. We were able to visit it and I was dumbfounded. 

Old elevator

Loving the staircase!

Given that the building is already old, i can still see the strength of the materials used in the building. The staircase steel are so solid and the wood handle is so compact. I wish I had a staircase like this in our house. Lol! The building has a lot of stories to tell.


Calvo Building

We then went to the Calvo Building. For your information, Calvo building was the home before of GMA before it transferred to Kamuning. Old stuff give me creeps all the time. So when I went inside, I was freaking kind of shaking but not scared. I don't know. Weirdo. I just love the way they preserved old stuff like old bottles for sodas, newspapers, magazines and even posters of old movies. The building is now turned into a musuem and there is an entrance fee of Php 100.

The price is worth the visit since you'll get to see what trended before. Such a building with high historical value I must say.

Old newspapers

artworks

hallway to the collection of old stuff

magazines, covers

old san miguel beer bottle

7up bottle before Pido

Pepsi bottle

After a tour in Escolta, we had our sumptuous meal in Toho & Sincerity restaurant. The experience I had during the tour was spectacular as I don't walk much in those areas. Thanks for this wonderful experience Rence!

If you are interested for a tour in Manila with the expert historian, you may reach Rence through his email address L_rence_2003@yahoo.com.

P.S. Restaurant tour will be published after this. :)

Dok Tour - Approved!
Cheers!~

No comments:

Post a Comment