every day is a weekend

Post Top Ad

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Toho Restaurant in Binondo Manila

As part of #WalkWithChan, we visited some chinese restaurants near the area we are touring. We were actually a little bit of hungry that time after some kilometers of walking, ain't complaining though. As what I have mentioned in my previous blog post, walking/running is good for the health. See it HERE. (Shameless plug, Lol!) Anyhoo, continue reading to know if TOHO is worth your hard-earned money.
Toho Food Center



Toho Food Center has been in the industry since 1880s and they pioneers in catering the best Chinese Kikiam in the town so Dok Tour went on a hunt to find out if this is true or just a hoax.

The place.
     The branch in binondo is a bit old and lacks presentation. It will really make you find your appetite as the ceilings have cobwebs, some utensils are kind of worn out already and the place quite lacks proper ventilation. If only I didn't get feedback from friends that this restaurant serves good food, I won't dine in here. But still, I brave it. Ha! Tell you, you may opt to visit their other branch that is way better, based on the feedback of some bloggers, in Paranaque.

You be the judge.

The food.
     Regarding the food, I have no bad words for Toho Food Center. All the foods we ordered were superb! I totally didn't mind the humid temperature in the area and the cobwebs I am seeing above me because of the quality of the food. It was awesome!

Toho Soup - Php 85

Toho Soup is their signature soup. Need I say more? It really tastes good. I love how they mixed the veggies with the egg drop soup plus there were chunks of meat in the soup. It's quite a big serving for a small bowl. Small bowl of it can be served to 2-3 people. Medium bowl is priced at Php170 and the large one is Php255.

Yang Chow Fried Rice- Php 155

Yang Chow Fried Rice is good. Although the past months, I have been in an open relationship with rice (Lol!), still I was able to appreciate the flavorful taste of Yang Chow Fried Rice brought by the mixed ingredients of vegetables and meat.

Toho's Chinese Kikiam - Php 45/piece

Toho's Chinese Kikiam is heaven sent. I like how it tasted with the heavenly sauce. I must say the sauce really boosted the palatable taste of the kikiam. The sweet and sour kikiam sauce is a signature mix from the original owners of Toho. I seldom praise sauces because they are just add-ons but for this, I gonna turn for the sauce!

Closer look of Toho's Kikiam!!

Toho Chicken - Whole - Php400

And Toho Chicken finally arrived. If Max's Chicken will not do anything about their chicken, they can be defeated by Toho. It just tastes awesome up to the bones. Even without the sauce, the Toho Chicken can still be delightful. Actually, I tried dipping a piece of this chicken to their signature sauce and tell you what, their sauce is really magical. It can really turn one dish into one spectacular show. LOL! I gave it an Oscar's clap.

If you want to try the dish I have tried, you may visit their binondo branch.
Address: 422 T Pinpin St Binondo, Manila

Verdict:

Toho will be an excellent restaurant if they will do some renovations on their food center. Nonetheless, Toho is a must-visit.

Rating:
Place - 5/10
Food - 9/10

Dok Tour-approved!
Cheers!~

No comments:

Post a Comment