every day is a weekend

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

VYNE Tapas Bar & Restaurant in Bonifacio Global City (BGC)

I was on the lookout for another gastronomic finds in the heart of Bonifacio Global City 'til I found Vyne Tapas Bar & Restaurant. The restaurant is also known as Vyne BGC for some residents of the city. It is a cityscape dining located at the 8th floor of one of the many W Building in Bonifacio Global City.

The place.
     Upon entering the lobby of W Global Center Building, I was greeted by this sign from Vyne BGC! Holla! The building really boasts cool design inside that made me more interested to see what's in Vyne. You may check Vyne's facebook page to find out how cool their design is.

Welcome to VYNE BGC!

Dems of geekykitch.com introducing herself to fellow bloggers.

John Paul Enriquez, Owner of Vyne Tapas Bar & Restaurant

The event started with the introduction of the Zomans, Zomato people, the executive chefs of the restaurant and the owner of Vyne BGC. After that, the courses have been served to our tables and they looked awfully awesome.

The food.
    Vyne Tapas Bar and Restaurant offers new twist on fusion cuisines. They have a lots of reinventions to conventional cuisines we commonly eat here in the country and also, Vyne offer a wide range of imported wines. So check it out!

Pork Chasu Bun - Php 295

Pork Chasu Bun is composed of fried quail egg, fried mantao, nori strips, leeks, sesame mayo and of course the pork chasu. The pork is very tender and so tasty and it blended well with other ingredients. I think this is more delicious than Tim Ho Wan's pork buns.

Thai Scallops -  Php 300

Thai Scallops are seared scallops and crispy catfish with mango salad in Nuoc Cham dressing and Sambal Mayo. At first thought, this dish priced at Php 300 is quite not good for average earners but when I tried tasting it, I was entirely bedazzled. The presentation is good for me and tasted like a dish from the heavens. 

Mini Crab Cakes -  Php 380

Mini Crab Cakes is topped with mayo, pickled radish, arugula and caviar. I know you will be reading a lot of arugula in their menu and mind you, arugula is quite expensive. The crab cakes actually tasted just average in my palate but it's good though.

Prawn and Ravioli Laksa - Php 270

Prawn and Ravioli Laksa is served with tofu, fried onions, and bean sprouts. One thing I noticed is that the Laksa soup really has a kick and if you got a low tolerance of spicy foods, this might knock you down. In my case, I just love its spiciness. I was actually sweating after finishing this dish.

Apple and Bleu Cheese Salad - Php 285

Apple and Bleu Cheese Salad is composed of green apple, bleu cheese, cranberry, honey yogurt dressing garnished with arugula. Cheese is love. Some people do not like bleu cheese because of its bittery and salty taste. I don't care, it's cheese and I love it. Lol! Priced at 285, because the cheese and creams are quite pricey also. 

East Asian Salad - Php 370

East Asian Salad is composed of mixed green salad, asian slaw, kimchi, korean rice cake, salmon floss and sesame dressing. I think Vyne BGC is really doing a lot of fusion cuisines, huh? I just love the incorporation of the green veggies with kimchi and the sesame dressing. It is not everyday that we get to taste a kind of salad like this one.

Ramen Carbonara - Php 350

Ramen Carbonara which is composed of miso cream carbonara, smoke pork, ramen broth and sousvide quail egg topped with caviar tastes awesome. This is one of my favorite dish from Vyne. Japanese and Italian fusion it is. At Php 350, I guess this one is a good deal.

Vyne Burger - Php 550

Vyne Burger is 200g of beef pattie topped with Mushroom ragout, foie gras, bleu cheese and apricot jam in a brioche bun. My love for cheese also equates my love for burgers. For Vyne burger, I guess the price just peak a little as compared with other burgers but rest assured for this, the ingredients are of A class as compared with others. Tastes good!!!

Pan Seared Sole - Php 420

Pan Seared Sole is composed of pan seared sole fish with parsley emulsion, saffron rissotto, mayo, sweet corn puree and roasted vegetables. Presentation is quite messy for me. Haha! The fish is flavorful and my favorite dip is the mayo which is very delighting.

US Angus Rib-eye Steak - Php 2500

US Angus Rib-eye Steak  is composed of 600g of Prime Rib Steak, Horseradish Gremolata, Beef Jus and Fried Brussels sprouts. There are actually 10 choices of dips that you may opt to dip your angus beef into. The beef, for me, is quite dry but it is tender. The serving is really big and I guess just right for its price of Php 2 500. Although there are some restaurants serving the same amount of Rib-eye Steak for a lower price.

Lemon Cheesecake (Citrus & Basil) - Php 360

Lemon Cheesecake is composed of lemon custard, basil, chopped pistachio, lemon new york cheesecake and meringue. Need I say more? It is very pleasant to taste. I was able to afford great pleasure while enjoying this. Good job Vyne!

Lotsa wine!!


Verdict:
     Vyne BGC, in my humble opinion, raise the standards of the "BGC experience" when it comes to gastronomic finds in the city. Another restaurant to watch out for!

Rating:
Place 9/10
Food 9/10

For more information, you may visit their FB Page Vyne Tapas Bar & Restaurant.

Dok Tour-approved!
Cheers!~

No comments:

Post a Comment