every day is a weekend

Post Top Ad

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Dok Tours Marikina City's Animal Trail

It has been a month since I last posted on this blog due to very busy schedules at work. But you know, I always keep myself updated on everything that is happening in the blogosphere and other social media platforms. Anyhoo, one day I decided to pay a visit to Marikina City's Animal Trail located on the riverbanks of the city. Before, many residents of Marikina City and even the nearby cities' residents hang around the animal trail. There are joggers who stroll the riverpark and even picnic-goers.

Marikina River

Zonta Club's Gazebo


There are lots of things that I liked about Marikina City since then. Waste management is very strict and done on a regular basis. Curfew hours during the time indicated on the signages placed all over the city's posts. Shoes are really of good quality and now lots of restaurants are booming within the vicinity of the city. But what I didn't like about my visit recently was captured by my iPhone.

Trash by the riverbanks


It was really disappointing to see these trashes knowing that Marikina City was once included in the list of the Cleanest Cities in Asia. I also checked Animal Trail everyone's visiting back then.

Armless Monkey

Headless and Armless Monkey

I was welcomed by these armless and headless monkeys.

Wrecked Hippo

Are these carabaos?

Vandalized Cows

And more wrecked animal statues inside the trail. You can't even recognize some of the animals there. And found again trashes inside the trail.

Trash again

Although, there are still some animal statues that are in OK state.

Zebra

Camel

Elephant

Giraffe

Bear

I know the city government is doing their best in restoring the beauty and the cleanliness of the city even if they oftentimes experience catastrophe. I hope they would also do their best to bring back the Glory Days of the Marikina Riverpark and its Animal Trail. 

Hello, Mayor Del De Guzman! I hope this would reach your good office.

No comments:

Post a Comment