every day is a weekend

Post Top Ad

Monday, June 2, 2014

[PART 1] Dampalitan, Kwebang Lampas & Borawan Islands -- Quezon Province Getaway!

Philippines is indeed rich when we talk about nature. There are really lots of tourist destinations in the country. Peak season of vacationers going in and out of the country is from March to May. Yes, summer season! People are preparing for their outfit of the day or "OOTD", their beach bodies and of course their itineraries. I have been loitering around the metro almost all my life. City lights, buildings, and all industrialized infras. My eyes need time to see the beauty of nature and so we planned to organize an escapade just recently in a nearby province. Travel time is a whooping 4 hours. If you are a giddy-head, you will really not like it but I assure you the scenery is worth the travel.

We took the bus from Cubao to Lucena Grand Terminal ( Php 218 ). From the Grand Terminal, we rented a private vehicle ( Php 1, 200 ). It is just our preference to rent a private vehicle but you may ride the bus going to Padre Burgos and will just cost you Php 35 I think. We alighted from the vehicle and then rested for half an hour in this resto.

Kanotom Resto


I guess the restaurant goes by the name of the owner who is a foreigner (saw him there). I ordered chopsuey and Quezon's famous Pansit HabHab. 
Kanotom's chopsuey
Chopsuey is delicious. The veggies are crispy which I like most. The sauce is so savory and the meat is tender. For just Php50, you'll get the chance to munch a super yummy course. I was not able to take photos of the Pansit Habhab, I was so hungry that I forgot I need to blog about it. LoL!

while waiting for the boat

View from the resto
After gasping for air after a long trip from Manila, we rented a boat ( Php 1,800 ) going to the three islands of our choice. We decided to go first to Dampalitan, then Kwebang Lampas and lastly, Borawan.
Dampalitan Island
Dampalitan is fresh and cool. Fine sands can be found all over the beach and the mesmerizing sound of the thrusting waves is really hypnotizing to hear. I fell in love at once when I saw the beauty of Dampalitan. I wish they would preserve this island and not exploit it. I was just afraid that time to dive in the waters because there might be jellyfishes swimming. #AfraidyAguilar

If you don't feel like bringing snacks while island hopping, no worries because Dampalitan will provide it for you. There is a halo-halo store and banana cue vendor in the island.
Halo-Halo

Banana Cue

You can also see a tarpaulin near the Halo-halo store a list of prices of the cottages you may opt to avail. There is also a list contact numbers of authorities in case you need their assistance.

After Dampalitan, we went to Kwebang Lampas which is 20-30 minutes away (by means of boat) from Dampalitan Island..

To be continued..

#DoktourTravels



No comments:

Post a Comment