every day is a weekend

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Off the Grid at Mckinley Hill

I have been working at the Mckinley Hill in Taguig City for quite a while and choosing what to eat during lunch time is always an issue. I am just fed up of eating only this and that. It really came to a point that we became tired of eating the same food everyday. (Well, if you will ask me why don't I bring my own baon it's because I don't have time in preparing for it. LoL!)

And so when I heard there are new restaurants in Venice Piazza Mall, we quickly went to try out some of their foods. 

Off the Grid

Off the Grid (OTG) is one of the new restaurants in the Venice Piazza. It is also owned by the Distillery Group of Chef Carlo Miguel. 

The place.


Counter area

Traffic cone while you wait for your order

Food truck!

     When I entered the food house, I was surprised there was a truck parked at the corner. It is very colorful and very attractive so it was the first thing I noticed when I entered OTG. I asked one of the crews on-duty that time some details regarding the theme of their restaurant. Hashtag blogger duties!

He said the idea was to bring a food truck experience in a dine-in restaurant. The idea's cool and new to some of us, Filipinos.

The food.

     I had the Macho Nacho,Taiwanese Fried Chicken and the Onion Rings.

Macho Nacho

If you are a reader of Dok Tour, you will know how I love burgers. Making me so maarte when it comes to eating burgers. Macho Nacho is definitely a must-try in OTG. The patty is topped with nachos, tomato salsa, jalapenos, tortillas and cheddar sauce. I just love the way it was presented and served to me. The juicy 1/3 lb US Angus beef is so tender and yummy! And it is not too oily nor too dry. Love it!

Taiwanese Fried Chicken

The taiwanese fried chicken is so crispy and yummier than KFC's chicken. By the way, I love KFC's fried chicken. Classic. Anyhoo, I just love the way they prepared this dish and the crispiness is just so right for me. And the sauce is the bomb! Though it might look dry here, still it is delicious. Ha!

Onion Rings

I am a fan of onion rings since we order these finger foods whenever we go to bars. Off the grid gave justice to this food. I just love the crispiness of the rings and the flavor is just right. I had it dipped in jalapeno. LoL!

I wish I could try all of the food in their menu! I was full that time and could not accommodate more food intake. Anyhoo, here are some of the foods in their menu..


Verdict.
The taste of their food is Dok Tour approved. The price is quite expensive though. I can find a cheaper resto with the same quality of food or even better. The service is very good. I would also like to commend their crew for accommodating our questions about the restaurant.

Rating.
8 out of 10!
Dok Tour Approved!

Cheers!~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment